Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services was founded upon the idea of providing distribution pipeline construction services for companies in central Ohio. Based on market demand within the transmission pipeline construction industry, we have established a complete division focused upon the installation of transmission related facilities and the various components required to operate transmission facilities.
Our target projects have ranged from six inch through twenty-four inch steel pipe in lengths from 5,000 L.F. to 10 miles. These jobs have been completed for various transmission companies working through steep mountainous terrain in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Virginia as well as areas in Ohio, North Carolina, and Kentucky.
We currently have multiple crews located in several states working for various gas companies performing transmission pipeline construction services. Each crew is experienced and properly equipped to perform all the necessary duties associated with transmission construction.
Some of our various responsibilities included within a typical steel transmission project include:
1. Installation and maintenance of environmental control devices
2. Pavement removal and pavement final restoration
3. Trench excavation in both soil and rock
4. Pipe bending, welding and joint-holiday coating
5. Pipe installation by open cut method
6. Pipe installation by directional drilling method
7. Pipe installation by conventional casing boring method
8. Pipe installation using well pointing methodology
9. Pipe integrity testing by air or water
10. Complete restoration of all disturbed areas to industry leading expectations
The core of our business has been built around providing impeccable distribution pipeline construction services since the early 70’s. We have also worked extremely hard to establish ourselves as a premier transmission pipeline service provider. The same commitment to safety,quality and efficiency, previously established within our distribution business has been carried forward into the transmission side of the business as well.