Mid Ohio’s capabilities extend beyond pipeline construction to include facility work, whether in conjunction with a pipeline project or as a stand alone scope of work. We have experience with all facets of compression and regulation, from multiple compressor greenfield projects to setting regulators or launchers and receivers. In addition to new construction, we have done a number of station rebuilds and flow reversal projects inside of existing facilities.
The point of delivery and compressor station construction has become a very prominent part of our business. Projects involving this type of work have been completed for numerous companies throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
|We currently have crews involved in either the construction of pipelines or the associated station facilities required to make them operate. Each crew is fully experienced and properly equipped to perform all the necessary duties associated with station construction.|
Some of the various responsibilities within a station facility related project include:
- Installation and maintenance of environmental control devices
- Civil work, including mass excavation
- Fabrication of proposed facilities
- Concrete foundations installation
- Measurement and regulation installation
- Launcher and receiver installation
- Hot tap tie-ins utilizing short stop and spherical tee technology
- Holding tank and dike system installation
- Heater, filter separator and odorizer installation
- Cathodic protection and rectifier systems
- Pipe integrity testing by air, water, and nitrogen
- Complete restoration of all disturbed areas
- Building construction and fencing
The installation of the facilities associated with the operability of a pipeline has become a great addition to our vast range of services provided. The same attention to safety, preservation of the environment, quality and efficiency on which we have built our business holds true for the construction of station facilities as well.